The answer to reducing acidity is very simple. We have to make our body pH alkaline by incorporating the following habits in our lifestyle:
1) Timely Eating– Don’t keep gap of more than 4 hours between your meals. if there is no food in your stomach, the acid has nothing to act upon and in turn attacks the stomach cells and causes ulcers.
2) Don’t eat your meals too quickly– When you don’t chew your food well, your stomach needs to produce more acid to break it down. more acid production means more acidity. Also, a lot of nutrients in your food die in the presence of this excess acid.
3) Ditch the Junk Food– When you eat wholesome nutritious food like whole grains, fruits, vegetable, seeds, your body produces the right amount of acid to break it down.
But when you eat junk food, processed unhealthy food, excess salt and sugar, you body has to produce a lot of acid to break it down. More acid production means more Acidity !
4) Watch Your Water Intake- Make sure you have at least 2.5-3 litres per day!
Anything less than this can lead to acidity, fatigue and innumerable problems!
5) Destress & Yoga– Practicing Pranayama and other breathing exercises helps your body destress and balance the acidic and alkaline levels naturally!
Sign up for our 1:1 Personalized Nutrition Coaching and get rid of your gut issues for good.