Full of antioxidants, boosts your immune system, improves gut health and an amazing breakfast or mid-meal snack option!
Green smoothie is a great start to the day and provides you with a healthy dose of micro nutrients that can rival what you get from your multivitamin.
Health Benefits of Green Smoothie:
- Quick to prepare: Green smoothies are convenient to make and don’t require any cooking skills.
- Packed with Nutrients: Green smoothies are rich in potassium, calcium, magnesium, Vitamin C, and fiber.
- Detoxifies Your Body: Green smoothies can retain all the fiber of whole raw fruits and vegetables, unlike juices. Eating fiber is one of the best and least expensive ways to prevent disease, as it helps the body to eliminate deadly toxins and waste materials. Adding foods such as garlic, papaya, and beets to your smoothie can help cleanse your blood and flushes out several toxins accumulated in your body tissues. Therefore, in order to have a healthy breakfast, include green smoothies as a strong detoxifying drink every day.
- Helps in Weight Loss: Green smoothies can help you lose excess body weight without skipping any meals. Alos it increases your energy levels and helps you maintain regular bowel movements. It can help reset your taste buds, so start craving for more healthy and nutritious foods. As a low-fat, low-sugar diet, green smoothies also provide fresh nutrients to your cells and extra bulk from the fiber increases your satiety and makes you feel full. So, make sure to include green smoothies in your weight loss diet.
- Enhances Your Immunity: Immunity is the ability of your body to fight against harmful pathogens and diseases. Smoothies made from fresh, green vegetables and fruits contain a lot of vitamins and minerals. The immune-boosting benefits of green smoothies can reduce the symptoms of common ailments such as cold and flu. Leafy greens are also loaded with phytonutrients and antioxidants such as beta-carotene and chlorophyll can strengthen your immune system and help you fight off illness all year long.
- Improves Gut Health: Green smoothies are good for your tummies. Consuming fiber is necessary for our excretory system. Unlike juices, green smoothies are a whole some food, because of its high fiber content. Green smoothies are packed with fiber-rich green leafy vegetables that can aid in digestion. When compared to chewing, greens are easier to digest when pureed in a smoothie. Green smoothies are naturally alkaline. Hence, if you are suffering from heartburn or acid reflux, make sure to include green smoothie into your diet.
- Gives you Fabulous looking Skin: Drinking green smoothies can make your skin and hair look healthier and stronger. Green smoothies are filled with vitamins C and E, as well as antioxidants and fiber which are natural beauty enhancers. Many fruits and vegetables such as oranges, pineapples, broccoli, blueberries, strawberries and spinach used in smoothies are considered as the best anti-aging foods. Incorporating these natural ingredients to your daily diet can help reduce the signs of aging, clear up acne and keep you hydrated, thus giving your skin a soft and dewy look.
- Strong & Healthy Hair: Drinking green smoothies regularly can promote hair growth, protect against hair thinning and hair loss. Iron deficiency (anemia) is one of the common causes of hair loss. Therefore, adding spinach or greens to your smoothie can increase folate, iron and vitamin B12 levels in your blood, thereby supporting hair that is falling out due to iron deficiency. So, whizz up your favorite greens, vegetables, and fruits to create a fabulous green smoothie that can give your hair a healthy boost.
Now that we are in awe of its benefits, lets take a look at the recipe below!
- 1 cup Kale or Spinach Leaves
- 8-10 tulsi leaves or curry leaves
- 1 Fruit of choice (apple, berries, banana, pineapple, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon mixed seeds of choice (Pumpkin, Flax, Chia, Sesame seeds)
- 1 glass water
- 1-2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Crushed ice (optional)
- 1 scoop Whey/Vegan Protein Powder (optional)
Add the ingredients to a blender and blend on medium to high speed until smooth.
Garnish with a few sesame seeds and serve chilled!
Be sure to not strain or filter the smoothie. Drink it as is!
Green smoothies can help you meet your nutrient needs and are a delicious way to get more fruits and vegetables into your diet.
A green smoothie can be a great choice for you or your kids. If you live with a health condition such as diabetes or are looking to lose weight the healthy way, you can blend up a green smoothie too!