Being a lifestyle disorder, PCOS/PCOD can be corrected (or reversed) with the necessary dietary & lifestyle modifications. Hormonal birth control pills (oral contraceptives) are not the best treatment.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) comes with a lot of issues like- irregular periods, weight gain, abdominal obesity, hair fall & hair thinning, acne, abnormal facial hair growth etc. and can literally disrupt your life.
Complications of PCOS:
If not managed in time, PCOS can lead to:
- Infertility (inability to get pregnant)
- Miscarriage or premature birth
- Type 2 diabetes or prediabetes
- Sleep apnea
- Depression, anxiety and eating disorders
- High blood pressure
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Cancer of the uterine lining (endometrial cancer)